Call for festivals and clubs
MOST – the Bridge for Balkan Music brings together representatives of 2×10 festivals and clubs/concert venues each year: ten from the Balkans and ten from other parts of Europe. They will have the chance to visit and work with each other and exchange artists within the framework of the programme. Their cooperation will be facilitated by a renowned mentor. The exchange will broaden the professional network and artistic scope of both parties involved.
The project’s scope in the Balkan region includes the following countries: Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Kosovo, Albania, North Macedonia, Romania, and Bulgaria. The selected Balkan festivals’ European counterparts may come from anywhere else in the Creative Europe eligible territories.
Please note that the working language of the project is English.
What we offer:
- Cooperation between the applicant and another world music festival / concert venue (or a general festival / concert venue offering a considerable amount of world & folk music in their line-up) from the Balkans and the rest of Europe
- Participation at Budapest Ritmo (April 2022), one of the outstanding world music showcase festivals in the Central European region
- Capacity-building and networking opportunities in the frame of Budapest Ritmo
- One-on-one mentorship programme with some of the most recognised music professionals from Europe
- Support for co-curation of artistic programming between the festival/club pairs
- Networking opportunities with European music professionals from all over the continent
What we cover*:
- Financial contribution to the mutual visits between the festival/club pairs: travel and accommodation costs, festival passes
- Artist exchange in the framework of the tandem cooperation: artist fees including travel costs of the artists
- Participation at Budapest Ritmo 2022: travel and accommodation costs (for 1 representative of each participating festival/club)
*The amount of financial support is defined by taking into consideration the recommendations and rules of the Creative Europe programme. Some caps on financial support might be introduced to ensure equal opportunities for all selected participants.
- How established is your festival / concert venue (audience numbers, number of concerts, etc.)
- Current representation/share of world music at your festival/club
- Proven motivation (based on motivation letter)
- Personal track record and track record of the festival / concert venue (based on CV and past editions’ material)
- Growth potential (audience / personnel)
- Necessary skills for cooperation (language, etc.)
- Geographical diversity (with the goal to represent the entire focus region of the programme as listed above)
- Diversity of selected professionals by gender and other background
How to apply
- Please fill out the application form below
- To get an overview of the application form, click here!
- Deadline for submission: 12 December 2021
For more infomation click here.