The Creative Innovation Lab shall incentivise players from different cultural and creative sectors to design and test innovative digital solutions with a potential positive long-term impact on multiple cultural and creative sectors. The Lab shall facilitate the creation of innovative solutions (e.g. tools, models and methodologies) that can apply to the audiovisual sector and at least another creative and/or cultural sector. Solutions should be easily replicable and have a potential for market penetration. For the purposes of clarity, the project does not necessarily have to be applicable immediately to the audiovisual sector but one that could easily be replicated in this sector.
For the purposes of this year’s call, in addition to recurring objectives and activities, a thematic approach is also being adopted. For the second year of the Creative Innovation Lab the two themes are greening as well as innovative education tools to tackle relevant societal topics such as disinformation. The aim is to foster lifecycle thinking and promote a more sustainable and inclusive living environment and way of life. The Creative Innovation Lab will gather players from different cultural and creative sectors to design and test innovative solutions (e.g. tools, models and methodologies) for a circular economy. These solutions would need to combine sustainability with inclusion and aesthetics, be replicable in different sectors and have a potential for societal behavioural changes.
- Improve the competitiveness of the European audiovisual and other cultural and creative sectors through cross sector collaboration;
- Improve the greening process of the European audiovisual and other cultural and creative sectors through cross sector collaboration;
- Increase knowledge transfer between different sectors of creative industries;
- Increase the visibility, availability and diversity of European content in the digital age;
- Improve business models and use of data;
- Increase the potential audience of European content in the digital age.
Description of the activities to be funded
The InnovLab support shall support the development of innovative tools, models and solutions applicable in the audiovisual and other cultural and creative sectors. It aims to support the competitiveness, greening process, cooperation, circulation, visibility, availability, diversity and/or audiences across sectors.
In 2022, in addition to recurring objectives and activities, the action will address the following themes:
- Innovative education tools to tackle relevant societal topics.
Special attention will be given to applications presenting adequate strategies to ensure more sustainable and more environmentally-respectful industry and to ensure gender balance, inclusion, diversity and representativeness.