Little Fun Palace Nomadic School | open call
Little Fun Palace is back as a Nomadic School questioning how space produces reality. Aiming to experiment possibilities of learning and sharing-knowledge around Performing Arts. The Nomadic School considers space and landscape as aesthetic territories that have political implications without using the words of politics. It problematizes the Performing Arts by interacting with other disciplines such as Natural Sciences, Architecture and Anthropology.
From June 25 to July 3, Little Fun Palace Nomadic School takes place at 2.300m above sea level. This year the caravan will be at Torri del Vajolet, Gruppo del Catinaccio - Dolomites. Taking place in the middle of the Alpine landscape, life and study will not be detached and participants will stay at Vajolet Shelter. Most of the activities as well as the meals will be organized open air. Life in the refuge is marked by the weather situation and characterized by essential service (dormitory, coin-operated shower, absence of internet network). To get to the refuge there is a transfer from the bottom of the valley by chairlift or shuttle service and then a walk of about 70 minutes with an elevation gain 400 mt.
By immersing totally in the alpine landscape, Little Fun Palace Nomadic School leaves behind the representative distance cultivated by academic and artistic institutions.
The Open Call is addressed to anyone interested in the production and perception of space. People from disciplines such as theatre, dance, architecture, geography, anthropology, philosophy, natural sciences, literature, music, visual arts and design can participate. 12 participants will be selected and they will have guaranteed board and lodging for the entire period. Knowledge of English language is required.
The selected participants will share the Nomadic School with some mentors who, respecting their practices, will tackle the role of space and how it produces reality.
- Enrico Malatesta (percussionist and sound-researcher)
- Chiara Pagano (artist and ex Nomadic)
- Christian Casarotto (glaciologist, MUSE collaborators)
- Industria Indipendente (collective of performing and visual art)
- Gabriella Mastrangelo (spatial designer and ex Nomadic)
- Annibale Salsa (anthropologist)
- Stefania Tansini (dancer and choreographer)
- Daniel Blanga Gubbay (curator and researcher)
- Rugilè Barzdziukaitè (theatre and film director)
- Davide Tomat (musician and sound designer)
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- send your CV (max 1 A4 page) including email and phone number.
- send a text (max 1 A4 page) that shows your interest and why you want to participate"
- send the complete application by 15 May 2022 (confirmation will be communicated by May 27).
- send to email@example.com - RE: LFP Nomadic School 2022